Join women across the nation to connect outstanding high school girls with an interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) with outstanding women entrepreneurs in their local community.
It's an easy three-step process
1. Choose your location
2. Register for the event
3. Come have fun and learn while helping a young high-school girl achieve her dream
Enterprising Women Magazine Announces 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Champions
Prestigious Awards Program Introduces New Award for Top Women Entrepreneurs
RALEIGH, N.C. Dec 7, 2015 – Monica Smiley, publisher and CEO of Enterprising Women magazine, has announced the winners of the 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards, an annual tribute to the world’s top women entrepreneurs, and a new award level being introduced in 2016, Enterprising Women of the Year Champions. Both the Enterprising Women of the Year Award Winners and Enterprising Women of the Year Champions will be recognized at the 14th Annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration & Conference, Sunday, February 28 to Tuesday, March 1 at The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove in Miami, Florida.
The annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards is widely considered one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women business owners. To win, nominees must demonstrate that they have fast-growth businesses, mentor or actively support other women and girls involved in entrepreneurship, and stand out as leaders in their communities. Many of the honorees also serve as leaders of the key organizations that support the growth of women’s entrepreneurship.
Award winners were recognized in seven categories this year: annual sales revenues of more than $100 million; annual sales revenues of more than $25 million and up to $100 million; annual sales revenues of more than $10 million and up to $25 million; annual sales revenues of more than $5 million and up to $10 million; annual sales revenues of more than $2 million and up to $5 million; annual sales revenues of more than $1 million and up to $2 million; and annual sales revenues of up to $1 million.
For the new Champion award category, all revenue levels are represented. While the Enterprising Women of the Year Award Winners are receiving a once-in-a-lifetime award and may not apply again in future years, Champions may apply again to earn the Enterprising Women of the Year Award Winner designation.
Below are the 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Champions:
• Jacquelyn Albert, Albert Restaurant Group, Dallas, Texas
• Becky Cannon, I play., Inc., Asheville, North Carolina
• Nicole Wickens, Validus Construction Services LLC, Orlando, Florida
• Michelle Coffino, Queen City Meta Recycling & Salvage LLC, Charlotte, North Carolina
• Juliet Shrader, iVantage Group, Brighton, Michigan
• Kirsten Drew Woolf, KD Diamonds, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
• Jennifer Didier, Directions Training Center, Inc., Oak Brook, Illinois
• Heather White & Lori Joyce, Cupcakes, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
• Darlene Kirk, Kirk’s Global Compass, San Antonio, Texas
• Anne Wanjiku Mutahi, BIASHARA FACTORS LTD., Nairobi, Kenya
• Meghan Medford, Medford Roofing, Memphis, Tennessee
• Bianca Vobecky, Vobecky Enterprises, Glendora, California
• Maya Roth, CADFab Digital, Los Angeles, California
• Magaly Chocano, Sweb Interactive LLC, San Antonio, Texas
• Mayra Khan, Nova Driving School, Chicago, Illinois
• Kimberly T. Miller, Ink Link Marketing, Miami Lakes, Florida
• Mun Wong, VinTech Security Systems Inc., Chicago, Illinois
• Kelly Niessen, KANDY Outdoor Flooring, Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
• Betsy Bassan, Panagora Group, Kensington, Maryland
• Nicole Martin, HRBoost, LLC, Libertyville, Illinois
• Phyllis A. Ludwig, Ludwig Business Consultants, PLLC, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
• Maureen E. Patterson, Solus Lighting LTD., Cleveland, Ohio
The 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration & Conference will bring together dynamic women business owners from North America and around the world for two full days of top-notch workshops, networking opportunities, corporate sponsor exhibits, and awards presentations. The celebration will shine the spotlight on honorees, with award presentations at the Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Gala Dinner. During the annual “Hall of Fame Luncheon,” two women entrepreneurs will be inducted into the Enterprising Women Hall of Fame, an outstanding nonprofit will receive the 2016 Advocacy Award, and one woman will be recognized with the 2016 Legacy Award.
The event is open to award honorees, corporate supporters, members of the Enterprising Women Advisory Board, VIPs in the women’s business community, readers of Enterprising Women magazine, and members of the many partner organizations affiliated with Enterprising Women.
Partner organizations represented on the Enterprising Women Advisory Board and supporting the 2016 event include:
• The Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO)
• Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
• Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
• National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
• National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
• Institute for Economic Empowerment of Women (IEEW)
• The Global Initiative for Women’s Entrepreneurship Research
• Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC)
• Quantum Leaps
• Springboard Enterprise
• National Association of Women in Real Estate Businesses (NAWRB)
• Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council (SBEC)/Women Entrepreneurs Inc. (WE)
• Women’s Leadership Exchange
• The International Alliance for Women (TIAW)
• Asian Women in Business (AWIB)
• eWomenNetwork (EWN)
• Association of Women’s Business Centers (AWBC)
“With hundreds of women entrepreneurs nominated from across the United States and around the globe, we have added a new award category this year to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of a larger group of women worldwide. These “Champions” excel in a variety of ways –through fast business growth, community leadership or as outstanding role models and mentors in their communities. We look forward to meeting both our Enterprising Women of the Year Award Winners, and Enterprising Women of the Year Champions in Miami in late February,” Monica Smiley, Publisher/CEO of Enterprising Women, said.
Enterprising Women is a partner in the new Million Women Mentors (MWM) initiative.
The initiative supports the engagement of one million science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) mentors — women and men — to increase the interest and confidence of young women to pursue and succeed in STEM degrees and careers.