RALEIGH, N.C. Feb. 9, 2015 – Monica Smiley, publisher and CEO of Enterprising Women magazine, has announced the winners of the 2015 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards, an annual tribute to the world's top women entrepreneurs. Honorees will be recognized at the 13th Annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards & Conference, Sunday, March 29 to Tuesday, March 31 at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
The annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards is widely considered one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women business owners. To win, nominees must demonstrate that they have fast-growth businesses, mentor or actively support other women and girls involved in entrepreneurship, and stand out as leaders in their communities. Many of the honorees also serve as leaders of the key organizations that support the growth of women's entrepreneurship.
Award winners were recognized in seven categories this year: annual sales revenues of more than $100 million; annual sales revenues of more than $25 million and up to $100 million; annual sales revenues of more than $10 million and up to $25 million; annual sales revenues of more than $5 million and up to $10 million; annual sales revenues of more than $2 million and up to $5 million; annual sales revenues of more than $1 million and up to $2 million; and annual sales revenues of up to $1 million.
Winners in the "over $100 million in annual revenues" category:
• Kay Ivie, Ivie & Associates, Inc., Flower Mound, TX
• Beatriz Manetta, Argent Associates, Inc., Plano, TX
• Jennifer Maier, WDS, Inc., Lake Wylie, S.C.
• Julia Fournier, HCMWorks, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
• Veronica Muzquiz Edwards, InGenesis, Inc., San Antonio, TX
• Camille Thomas, JMC Retail Group, Minneapolis, Minn.
Winners in the "over $25 million and up to $100 Million in annual revenues" category:
• Raegan Moya-Jones, Aden & Anais, Inc, Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Traci Lounsbury, ELEMENTS, Denver, Colo.
• Lisa Sackuvich, ARJ Infusion Services, Lenexa, Kan.
• Diane Medley, MCM LLP, Louisville, Ky.
• Noreen King, Evolve Manufacturing Technologies, Inc., Mountain View, Calif.
• Carol Hackbarth, Hackbarth Delivery Service, Mobile, Ala.
• Mary K. Davenport, TransTech IT Staffing, Itasca, Ill.
• Marygrace Sexton, Natalie's Orchid Island Juice Company, Fort Pierce, Fla.
• Jennifer Jeansonne, Eagle Consulting, LLC, Belle Chasse, La.
Winners in the "over $10 million and up to $25 Million in annual revenues" category:
• Britnie Turner, Aerial Development Group, Nashville, Tenn.
• Tammy Cohen, InfoMart, Inc., Marietta, Ga.
• Marie Seipenko, Preferred Solutions, Northville, Mich.
• Patty Comer, AccruePartners, Charlotte, N.C.
• Sylvana Coche, Gravity Pro Consulting, LLC, San Clemente, Calif.
• Fiona Gathright, Wellness Corporate Solutions, LLC, Bethesda, Md.
• Paula Lombard, WEXCO Industries, Pine Brook, N.J.
• Hetal Parikh, Rangam Consultants Inc., Somerset, N.J.
• Olga Smirnova, Global Language Solutions, Irvine, Calif.
• Barbara Issett, IQ Business Events, Inc., Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
• Sheila Benson, Employment Screening Services, Birmingham, Ala.
• Lauren Herring, IMPACT Group, St. Louis, Mo.
• Joy E. Taylor, TayganPoint Consulting Group, LLC, Lambertville, N.J.
• Deborah C. Weaver, Midwest Litigation Services, St. Louis, Mo.
• Claudia Mirza, Elahi Enterprises, Inc., dba, Akorbi, Plano, TX
• Marilyn Grabowski, AtlanticInfra, Wall, N.J.
• Mary Miller, JANCOA Janitorial Services, Inc., Cincinnati, OH
• Angela Lee, The Happy Point Resto Group, Chicago, Ill.
• Diana Harbour, The Red Dress Boutique, Athens, Ga.
• Natalie McDonald, Create NYC, New York, N.Y.
Winners in the "over $5 million and up to $10 Million in annual revenues" category:
• Jean Thompson, Seattle Chocolate Company, Seattle, Wash.
• Carol Fitzgerald, Buzzback LLC, New York, N.Y.
• Mandy Gilbert, Creative Niche Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Tabatha Turman, Integrated Finance & Accounting Solutions, LLC, Woodbridge, Va.
• Billie Bryant Schultz, CESCO, Inc., Dallas, TX
• Carolyn Williams Francis, Williams Interior Designs, Inc., Columbus, OH
• Victoria L. Vasques, Tribal Tech, LLC, Alexandria, Va.
• Brooke Partridge, Vital Wave, Palo Alto, Calif.
• Lisa Rosenthal, The Mayvin Consulting Group, Inc., Alexandria, Va.
• Carla Percy, The Mayvin Consulting Group, Inc., Alexandria, Va.
• Teresa Sherald, Diversity Search Group, Columbus, OH
• Stacy D. Phillips, Phillips Lerner, A Law Coroporation, Los Angeles, Calif.
• Susan Gilbert, APOGEE Interactive, Inc., Tucker, Ga.
• Ellen Dickson, Bailey Edward Design, Inc., Chicago, Ill.
• Sue Bennett, Bennett Design Associates, Inc., Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
• Mashell Carissimi, JMC Electrical Contractor, LLC, Saint Clair Shores, Mich.
Winners in the "over $2 million and up to $5 million in annual revenues" category:
• CJ Stafford, Stafford Communications Group, Inc., New Providence, N.J.
• Jennah Purk, CPA, MST, Purk & Associates, P.C., St. Louis, Mo.
• Eugenia Rangel Vera, Tabiques y Acabados de Ceramica SA de C.V., Juarez, Mexico
• Crystal Arlington, Affiliated Grounds Maintenance Group, Inc., Erie, Pa.
• Melissa Lackey, Standing Partnership, St. Louis, Mo.
• Heidi Krupp, Krupp Communications, New York, N.Y.
• Melanie Querry, Beyond Spots & Dots, Pittsburgh, Pa.
• Ania Rodriguez, Key Lime Interactive, Doral, Fla.
• Emily Merson, Global Experiences, Annapolis, Md.
• Kathy Palokoff, Firestarter, Baltimore, Md.
• Dorothy Botsi-Tulare, Botho Ubuntu Cleaning, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Delois Babiker, Intellectual Concepts, LLC, Atlanta, Ga.
• Reginalea Sturns-Kemp, Kemp & Sons General Services, Fort Worth, TX
• Gabriela Leon Gutierrez, Gresmex, Naucalpan City, Mexico
• Tanya Little, Hart Advisors Group, LLC, Dallas, TX
• Jane Sydlowski, AMI Strategies, Livonia, Mich.
• Ann K. Luciani, First Capital Engineering, York, Pa.
Winners in the "over $1 million and up to $2 million in annual revenues" category:
• Linda A. Fanaras, Millennium Integrated Marketing, Manchester, N.H.
• Adie Horowitz, Licenders, New York, N.Y.
• Debbie Oberbillig, Allen Partners, Inc., Seattle, Wash.
• Melinda Maine Garvey, AW Media, Austin, TX
• Susan L. Dawson, Waltz, Palmer & Dawson, LLC, Rolling Meadows, Ill.
• Charmane H. Sellers, ALEON Properties, Inc., Austin, TX
• Diana Peters, Symbol Training Institute, Skokie, Ill.
• Francine Friedman Griesing, Griesing Law, LLC, Philadelphia, Pa.
• Dr. Angela Marshall, Comprehensive Women's Health, Inc., Silver Spring, Md.
• Moira Vetter, Modo Modo Agency, Atlanta, Ga.
Winners in the "up to $1 million in annual revenues" category:
• Rashi Bajaj, Carpet Couture by Rashi, New Delhi, India
• Marla Rausch, Animation Vertigo, Irvine, Calif.
• Latoya Bullard-Franklin, The Bulsard Group, LLC, Houston, TX
• Deborah K. Delaney, Touching Lives Adult Day Services, Savage, Minn.\
• Kathy Kamei, Kathy Kamei Designs, Kentfield, Calif.
• Tena Z. Payne, Earthborn Studios, Inc., Leeds, Ala.
• Maria Teresa Cepeda Casasus, Imaging Supplies de Mexico SA, Mexico City, Mexico
• Jeri J. Brooks, One World Strategy Group, LLC, Houston, TX
• Dr. Marlene N. Mahipat, Mediquest, LLC, Randallstown, Md.
• Kelly Ehlers, Evoke Brands, Inc., Madison, Wis.
• Dana Marlowe, Accessibility Partners, Silver Spring, Md.
• Elaine Gordon, Gordon ADR, LLC, Westbrook, Conn.
• Chandra Moore, coG-studio, Detroit, Mich.
• Sheila Stenhouse Lee, Sheila Lee & Associates, LLC, Baltimore, Md.
• Sandra Sassow, SEaB Energy Limited, Southhampton, United Kingdom
• Yaneek Page, Future Services International, Kingston, Jamaica
• Sandy Riser, SwanRise Productions and The Next Level Business Solutions, Tucson, Ariz.
The 2015 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration and Conference will bring together dynamic women business owners from North America and around the world for two full days of top-notch workshops, networking opportunities, corporate sponsor exhibits, and awards presentations. The celebration will shine the spotlight on award winners and finalists, with award presentations at the Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Gala Dinner. During the annual "Hall of Fame Luncheon," one woman entrepreneur will be inducted into the Enterprising Women Hall of Fame, an outstanding nonprofit will receive the 2015 Advocacy Award, and two women will be recognized with the 2015 Legacy Award.
The event is open to winners and finalists of the Enterprising Women of the Year Award, corporate supporters, members of the Enterprising Women Advisory Board, VIPs in the women's business community, readers of Enterprising Women magazine, and members of the many partner organizations affiliated with Enterprising Women.
Partner organizations represented on the Enterprising Women Advisory Board and supporting the 2015 event include:
• The Women Presidents' Organization (WPO)
• Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
• Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
• National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
• National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
• Institute for Economic Empowerment of Women (IEEW)
• The Global Initiative for Women's Entrepreneurship Research
• Women's Business Development Center (WBDC)
• Quantum Leaps
• Springboard Enterprise
• Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council (SBEC)/Women Entrepreneurs Inc. (WE)
• Count Me In for Women's Economic Independence
• Women's Leadership Exchange
• The International Alliance for Women (TIAW)
• Asian Women in Business (AWIB)
• eWomenNetwork (EWN)
• Association of Women's Business Centers (AWBC)
• National Association of Women in Real Estate Businesses (NAWRB)
"When this awards program began 13 years ago, there were only a handful of nominees in what was then the highest revenue category – over $10 million in annual revenues. This growth reflects the fact that more women are scaling their businesses to the $100 million plus level. The Enterprising Women of the Year Award has grown each year in prestige and stature so women entrepreneurs at all levels want to be recognized with this award for the great work they are doing. We could not be more proud of the outstanding women who make up the Enterprising Women Class of 2015," Smiley said.
- For more information or to register to attend the 2015 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration and Conference, visit http://enterprisingwomen.com.
NEW MEDIA CONTENT:
Enterprising Women Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/EnterprisingWomen
Enterprising Women Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/EWMagazine
Enterprising Women LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin.com/groups/Enterprising-Women-Magazine-4470189
ABOUT ENTERPRISING WOMEN MAGAZINE:
Enterprising Women, with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina, is the nation's only women-owned magazine published exclusively for women business owners that chronicles the growing political, economic and social influence and power of entrepreneurial women. The magazine provides a friendly meeting place, a public forum and a national stage for the critical issues confronting women's businesses and daily lives from the unique perspectives and experiences of entrepreneurial women. Published in both print and digital editions, the online edition of the magazine reaches nearly one million readers in 185 countries. For more information, please visit http://enterprisingwomen.com or call (919) 362-1551.
Church Hill Classics
Church Hill Classics is the official Enterprising Women award frame sponsor. Our mission is to showcase our customers' greatest achievements by creating high quality document and award frames. We do this for America's best-known educational institutions, corporations, professional organizations, military institutions, and high affinity membership groups. Our specialty is company-branded and personalized diploma and certificate frames, plaques, and insignia desk accessories that feature corporate insignias and logo medallions. All frames are manufactured in the US, and we offer direct fulfillment to recipients for incentive or awards programs. We also provide contract picture framing and hospitality installation services.
Easy to Use, Powerful Time and Attendance Tracking Software Designed for Small Businesses.TrackSmart's Online Time & Attendance Software is designed with businesses like yours in mind. Spend less time on administration and focus on what matters most to you.
The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Disney, is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California.
We believe that including diverse suppliers in our sourcing process provides us the greatest opportunity to develop the most innovative, highest quality, and most cost-effective business solutions. Through direct experience, we know this strengthens our company on the inside and supports communities on the outside. We strive to ensure that our business leaders have a broad understanding of the business case for working with diverse suppliers and the competitive advantage that a robust Supplier Diversity process provides the company. We invite you to be part of the magic!
International Business Machines (IBM), is a global technology company that provides hardware, software, cloud-based services and cognitive computing.Dedication to every client’s success.
Innovation that matters—for our company and the world.
Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships.
Innovative thinking. Leadership through service. And above all, an unwavering commitment to saving people money. It’s what makes us the business we are today, and shapes the company we will be tomorrow. As the largest retailer in the world, our 2.3 million associates meet the needs of more than 260 million customers every week. And we do it wherever they shop – in our stores, online, or through their mobile devices. Through Walmart's Global Women's Economic Empowerment Initiative, Walmart is working to improve the lives of women around the world by providing more training, market access and career opportunities to nearly 1 million women, many on farms and factories, ultimately allowing them access to the economic opportunity they deserve.
Founded in 1907, UPS is the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Using advanced technology, access to global resources, and an integrated network of physical, technological, and human assets, UPS provides a powerful competitive advantage that can help you earn repeat customers and grow your business. Macro-economic forces led by advancing technology, globalization and e-commerce are transforming the world and our business. We will meet the challenges they present and connect a global community, as UPS has for more than a century, with innovation, investment and the talents of our people.
With leading technologies in data masking, BlueWare helps healthcare providers data mask their patient health information (PHI) through creating a pseudonym for fields instead of simply redacting. This allows for more integral data during analysis for secondary use.
We help self-employed experts and small enterprise CEOs to land corporate clients, boost revenue and stand out from the crowd by leveraging our own experience navigating both sides of the corporate buying table over the last two decades. Our unparalleled record of success proves that we do this better than anyone else in the marketplace.
Go2events provides exceptional audio visual services in the event services industry by utilizing an especially personalized approach.
We distinguish ourselves from the competition with our concierge philosophy that is focused on ensuring excellence in service, responsiveness, professionalism, and event execution. Go2events is committed to providing an outstanding client service experience and exceeding expectations. Our passion is contagious! http://www.go2events.net/
Enterprising Women has teamed up with PR Newswire to offer you a 12-month membership at no charge. Just submit your contact information through the Sign Up Now section of the PR Toolkit and someone from PR Newswire will touch base with you to get you signed up. This is a $195 value!! As well, save with PR Newswire by taking advantage more than $2,000 in free and discounted services!
Visit the PR Toolkit for some great free resources to get you going in the right direction in promoting your business. This toolkit can drive traffic to your Web site; launch a new product or service; increase your visibility; and/or announce a new business or storefront!
Included with your waived annual membership – more than $2,000 in free and discounted services:
• Waiver of first year PR Newswire membership fee (value of $195)
• FREE Media Microlist with first domestic news distribution (value up to $595)
• Discount on ProfNet SM (55% OFF)
• Discount on Basic Multimedia Distribution (40% OFF)
• Discount on Basic Multimedia New Release (25% OFF)
* Offer only available to new PR Newswire members.
With PR Newswire, you reach critical audiences, including:
• Print and Broadcast Points: Each release is distributed via satellite directly into the computer networks at daily newspapers, news services, magazines, television stations, and radio stations.
• Industry Trades: Releases are sent to appropriate vertical markets automatically. Utilizing wire, fax, email and the Web, trade reporters can select a broad array of news.
2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Award - Nomination Form
Nominate yourself or a friend for the 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Award, and plan now to attend our 2016 Awards Celebration and Conference, February 29-March 1, 2016 at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove in Miami, Florida, USA.
If you are interested in receiving international recognition for the outstanding work you do as a woman-owned enterprise, consider nominating yourself for the 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Award. Award winners will be recognized at the Gala Awards Dinner at The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove on March 1.
Winning the Enterprising Women of the Year Award is a once in a lifetime honor. If you are unable to attend our 2016 event on Feb. 29-March 1, please do not apply for this award. We recommend that you wait and apply in a year that you know you are able to attend.
Winners will be recognized in the following categories:
• woman-owned enterprise with up to $1 million in annual revenues;
• woman-owned enterprise with more than $1 million and up to $5 million in annual revenues;
• woman-owned enterprise with more than $5 million and up to $10 million in annual revenues;
• woman-owned enterprise with more than $10 million and up to $25 million in annual revenues;
• woman-owned enterprise with more than $25 million in annual revenues and up to $100 million; and,
• woman-owned enterprise with over $100 million in annual revenues.
You may apply for the award if you have been in business at least three years and you meet any of the following three criteria:
• your company is at least 51 percent owned and managed by a woman;
• you are a woman who owns, manages and controls the business with a partner, and you own at least 33 percent of the business; or
• you are a woman entrepreneur who leads a company that has obtained venture capital and, as a result, you now hold an equity position of less than 51 percent in your company.
Award winners receive recognition for themselves and their businesses through local, national and international publicity. Every winner and finalist will be profiled in Enterprising Women magazine.
Please note: All nominations must be received by no later than midnight on Sunday, Nov. 1, 2015. Winners will be notified in late November.
|To submit a nomination, please complete and send the form below.|
In order for your nomination to be considered, all of the questions below MUST be answered in as much detail as possible. Please make sure you have a copy of all your answers before clicking "Submit" to keep a copy of this nomination for your records.
Our Picture Gallery From the Awards
That's right! The Enterprising Women of the Year Awards return to Disney for 2015 and we're excited to share the dates and location with you. Plan to add a few days to your stay and consider bringing your family for a Spring Break getaway. The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is receiving a refresh of its guest rooms this year so this already beautiful hotel will be even more spectacular for 2015!
DOWNLOAD the Event Schedule
The event will open on Sunday evening with a reception for our honorees, followed by workshops, a mentorship luncheon, and a welcome reception on Monday, with the Advisory Board breakfast, Hall of Fame luncheon, and gala awards dinner on Tuesday.
To learn more about Sponsorship opportunities download the 2015 Sponshorship pdf CALL US AT 919-362-1551 TO DISCUSS SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES.
Enterprising Women is a partner in the new Million Women Mentors (MWM) initiative.
The initiative supports the engagement of one million science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) mentors — women and men — to increase the interest and confidence of young women to pursue and succeed in STEM degrees and careers.