CHICAGO, IL – Reshma Saujani, founder and CEO of Girls Who Code, a national non-profit organization working to close the gender gap in technology and prepare young women for jobs of the future, will deliver the keynote address at the 29th Annual Entrepreneurial Woman’s Conference, on Wednesday, September 2, 2015. Presented by the Women’s Business Development Center, the event will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Chicago’s McCormick Place-West, 2301 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Saujani will deliver her remarks at the Women’s Empowerment Luncheon which begins at 12:30 p.m.
In her groundbreaking book, Women Who Don't Wait in Line, Saujani advocates for a new model of female leadership focused on embracing risk and failure, promoting mentorship and sponsorship, and boldly charting one’s own course – personally and professionally. A graduate of Yale Law School, she has stayed true to her passion for public service, becoming Deputy Public Advocate of New York City and most recently running a spirited campaign for Public Advocate on a platform of creating educational and economic opportunities for women and girls, immigrants, and those who have been sidelined in the political process.
The conference is designed to accelerate the growth of women businesses through powerful workshops and a dynamic trade show, connecting women entrepreneurs with prospective corporate and government clients. In addition to the Women’s Empowerment Luncheon, highlights includes:
• WBDC Opening Night Reception on September 1, honoring the 29th annual Award Winners in a relaxed business setting the night before the conference.
• Women’s Business Fair Midwest, featuring an opportunity for women business owners to make valuable business connections with supplier diversity leaders and decision makers.
• Contract Connections, roundtable matchmaker meetings, connecting certified Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs) with corporate and government buyers.
• Breakout Sessions, four interactive sessions showcasing business thought-leaders and entrepreneurs on topics ranging from creative growth strategies and the hottest trends in online marketing to the anatomy of small business finances.
• Lender Matchmaking, meet one-on-one with experts from leading financial institutions to explore the best funding options for your business, and Business-to-Business Matchmaking, to connect with other business owners who are looking for the services you provide. (To participate in these sessions, you must request an appointment during the registration process.)
• Closing Networking Reception, casually connecting conference attendees after a high impact day.
Tickets range from $200 to $500, with opening night reception tickets available separately. For more information or to register online, please visit www.WBDC.org or call 312.853.3477, ext. 240. Connect with the WBDC anytime on Twitter @WBDC and on Facebook at Facebook.com/WBDC.Chicago.