Our Current Issue...Special Issue: Access to Capital for Women Entrepreneurs
The most comprehensive guide to securing the funding you need to start, grow and scale your business!
- Cover profile: Meet Judith Von Seldeneck, Founder and Chair, Diversified Search Group
This powerhouse leader is rolling out a new fund in 2021 to help women access capital
- In collaboration with the Women Business Collaborative, hear from the leaders of 10 women's business organizations that are opening doors for women to raise the money they need.
- New marketing strategies to put into practice this year.
- Five keys to developing an impactful diversity and inclusion strategy for your company.
- Assessing your company's financial management strategies.
- It's never too early (or too late) to start thinking about retirement.
- How to fund a buy-sell agreement for your firm.
- What we can learn from consumer trends from China.
- Keeping your company culture thriving in a remote workplace,
- and much more!
On self-care, surviving and even thriving during a pandemic
When Enterprising Women Hall of Famer and longtime Advisory Board member Edie Fraser announced the formation of the Women Business Collaborative nearly three years ago, we knew the WBC would be a game-changer for women.
The WBC is an alliance of the most significant women’s business organizations in the United States. It is a collaborative of more than 40 organizations and has spearheaded a new women’s business movement.
“We will not rest until there is equal position, pay and power for all businesswomen,” Fraser and the WBC leadership team proclaimed.
The WBC has nine action initiatives and at Edie’s request, I have the honor of chairing the Entrepreneurship and Access to Capital Initiative.
This special issue on “Access to Capital” has been produced in partnership with the WBC with the participation of the organizations that are part of the Entrepreneurship and Access to Capital Initiative (their names are proudly displayed on the front cover of this issue).
We are also delighted to feature on our front cover Judith Von Seldeneck, the Founder and Chair of Diversified Search Group, who provided the leadership (along with Edie Fraser) and seed funding to start the WBC. Judee is also in the process of starting a new fund (to be officially announced in 2021) that will provide capital to deserving women entrepreneurs to help accelerate the growth of their companies. She is a pioneer in her industry who has achieved tremendous success through her strong leadership, inclusive business culture, grit and hard work, and she gives back to the women’s business community in significant way — most recently through the WBC.
As we close out one of the most challenging years in our lives—both personally and for our businesses—Judee, Edie and the work of all of the partners in the WBC is an inspiration and provides us with hope for the future we all want to see for achieving equity and inclusion for women in business.
Monica S. Smiley