Charmane Hayman Sellers is an honorable Veteran of the United States Air Force and the CEO of API Design Build Group, LLC. API provides Design Build, Construction, Project and Construction Management services, which also includes Training Services: OSHA Safety, to both commercial and residential clients in both the public and private sectors. Projects: Texas A&M San Antonio Campus, Austin Community College, Huston Tillotson University, Austin Independent School District and the City of Austin. Furthermore, API is the only EPA Accredited Training Provider in Austin, and approximately 500 contractors in EPA Lead Safe Work Practices. Charmane has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology, and a Master’s Degree in Public Administration/Public Policy, with a focus on (1) Veterans Services and Housing, (2) Affordable and Senior Housing, (3) Education and Technology. She has 20+ years of experience as a community and public affairs professional and has used her skill-set to build relationships with leaders in the private, public and non-profit sectors. She has been successful in utilizing her strong communication, inter-personal and organizational skills in order to accomplish project objectives. She is also a second generation entrepreneur. She also participated in business development programs to grow her business: University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business SBDC Program, University of Texas HUB Mentor-Protégé Program and the J.E. Dunn Minority Business Development Program. She is also a nationally and internationally recognized researcher and published author.
VOLUNTEERISM AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
• Steering and Fundraising Committee Member, Keep Austin Affordable Campaign bond process to create more affordable housing for the citizens of Austin
• Board Member, Board of Directors at Green Doors, a local non-profit organization that provides affordable housing to individuals, families, Veterans of low-to-moderate income, primary focus to eliminate homelessness.
• Committee Member, Building Committee, Austin Habitat for Humanity, building new Restore
• Mentorship to youth and other business women and those aspiring to start a business
• Recent finalist in the prestigious awards for Profiles in Power – Women of Influence Finalist 2014, Austin Business Journal
• Woman Vetrepreneur of the Year 2014, nationwide completion of the National Association of Veteran Owned Businesses, the 1st time in the history of the organization of recognizing Women Veteran Owned businesses
• SMALL BUSINSS OF THE YEAR 2014 by the Greater Austin Black Chamber of Commerce
• She also was a business pitch winner, April 2013, and Awardee of the Count Me In, Women Veteran Entrepreneur Corp Business Accelerator Program sponsored by Capitol One.
API Design Build Group, LLC
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.